I got another chance to play with my new IR camera last weekend while in Fredericksburg and took advantage of some old buildings around the B&B we stayed in. I’m enjoying the colour possibilities that the files from the camera provide although the workflow to get from the original raw file to the final result is pretty time-intensive.
The main trick I need to figure out is how to evaluate the original (orange/red) exposure and get an idea of how it will look after all the processing steps, before I actually do that processing. Quite a few images that I reckon will look fine (based on the histogram), end up looking flat and uninteresting after I’ve spent 10 minutes or so working on them. I guess this will come with practice, though.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.